Pod Your Reef

FR The Lowest Priced Nano Sized Pumps at $4.99

Fraggle Reef

We are now carrying the lowest priced nano-sized pumps available. These 250gph+++ pumps with gate valves and 3-6w external power supplies are incredible at only $4.99! Feel free to read more about them on the site, thanks much again to everyone for your interest and support!

The dimensions of these nano pumps are only 2"x2.5"x1.5"

Nano Sized Pumps

nano%20pumps.jpg

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are cool looking :) Nice score FR!Can you show us a pic by a soda can? Also give dimensions? Also will you show how it mounts?

Thanks for the dimensions!

Oops, I hadn't posted up the dimensions, they're up on there now. It mounts up with the four suction cups that are on the back, not really visible in the picture though.

I am SURE they can be. here is a pic for size comparison, next to a rio mini

mini-pump002.jpg

this is going into my tank tomorrow, but sink tested it and WOW.....

only thing I can see that MIGHT be an issue is it doesn't seem to come apart for cleaning, but I didn't wanna break it either, so it may come apart with a bit more pulling

the pump, without the cord or powersupply, weighs 125 grams, or about 1/4 pound.

hey miguel, do you know if these pumps can be put on a timer like the maxi jets?

I have no idea, I know that there's something about the motors on maxi-jets that makes them able to be plugged in and unplugged, these I know nothing about other than that they blast some massive nice nano flow :happy:

One request. Can you get magnetic mounts fabricated and sold as well? My wife gave the thumbs up on the purchase! woot! I need more room in the tank and these will VERY CHEAPLY replace the maxijets in my SPS tank.

One request. Can you get magnetic mounts fabricated and sold as well? My wife gave the thumbs up on the purchase! woot! I need more room in the tank and these will VERY CHEAPLY replace the maxijets in my SPS tank.
I'm actually in the process of making magnetic mounts available as an extra for them, but unfortunately with the labor and parts it would make the pumps about $14 or so. I'm trying to get it down to $10 but it's not easy so far...
do these pumps make alot of noise?
they're extremely low noise, no worries there
I'm actually in the process of making magnetic mounts available as an extra for them, but unfortunately with the labor and parts it would make the pumps about $14 or so. I'm trying to get it down to $10 but it's not easy so far...they're extremely low noise, no worries there

Heck man.. I'll buy the magnetic mounts now at that price. It is the assurance that the pump will stay in place.

The link on the site for the movie doesn't work even when fixed (it's missing the '&')...it's protected.

Are these DC? How would the be on a wavemaker?

Also, with that low of a price point, any concerns on the quality assurance? I'm worried about leaking any current into the tank.

The link on the site for the movie doesn't work even when fixed (it's missing the '&')...it's protected.

Are these DC? How would the be on a wavemaker?

Also, with that low of a price point, any concerns on the quality assurance? I'm worried about leaking any current into the tank.

I'm fixing up the movie to play off of the server, should be a minute. I don't know if they're dc or how they'd work on a wavemaker.

As for quality assurance, that's why I've tested them out for four months, they work wonderfully. I can always charge you the normal rate of $19 if it will make you more comfortable with them being too low priced to be good :P

lol, no thank you! anyway, i ordered my 6...they should be fun to play with.

I'm fixing up the movie to play off of the server, should be a minute. I don't know if they're dc or how they'd work on a wavemaker.

As for quality assurance, that's why I've tested them out for four months, they work wonderfully. I can always charge you the normal rate of $19 if it will make you more comfortable with them being too low priced to be good :P

I ordered 4 of them to check out.

Is there any way to get some sort of notice when the magnetic mounts are available for these?

I'd be interested in that as well.

I ordered 2 of those pumps too. Hope it shipped out today. :)

Chris.

Thanks, I'll make sure and get them out asap! Shipments will probably be spread out between today and tomorrow, I wasn't expecting to be packing up so many pumps today, and am a bit overwhelmed with even getting the shipping labels printed out for all of them...

I should have the magnet mounts within a few weeks once I figure them out, if anyone's done them before please pm me, thanks!

sorry about the pump video link. photobucket only allows so much bandwidth, and it went from like 11% when I posted it up to like 90% overnite, so I had to kill the link so my thread pics didn't disappear. I sent the file to Miguel as he said, so hopefully if it isn't yet, it'll be up soon. I have this pump now in a tank in my room (10g AGA, and when combined with my mj900 and the whisper10 HOB I had to close the gate valve 3/4 to keep the sand storm from occuring.

No noticible noise or heat transfer (and they tank is in my room so I'd know if it was noisy)

Archived