Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

indianapolis area marine society [INMAS]

matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler

after much discussion.... and debate... we have finally made up our minds... lol

for anyone in this area is interested.. we are trying to get a meeting that combines all the coral clubs in the area for a big frag swap/ meeting... pretty young club, but with some serious lifelong saltwater people- to get advice and feedback from....... bring your corals and questions....

so June 12th at 1 PM on the north side of indy... Directions TBA. if you have any interest is SPS- some of these guys have insane collections that they bring in.. a heck of a lot fo other stuff too.... great to have discussion on what all is happening in town reef wise....

here is the thread with info

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...367#post2960367

anyone here likely to come/ or from the area and want more info?

matt

I would love to come. I am moving to Fishers from northern Indiana (in July) and would like to meet some local people to buy/sell/trade. I also need to find the best stores in the area. I just started salt-water in January, but my tank is doing well and I definitely have the bug! Email me at mark.heiden@verizon.net

Dolfan0925

is it only trade? Will there be anythign for sale? My tank is only 4-5 months old and I don't really have anything to frag yet.

matt the fiddler

it will be a meeting/ sale/ swap yes cash always works for the meetings... you can usually get stuff at half to 1/3rd of what you noramlly pay at a LFS :-) however a few people will only want to trade

• 2 weeks later...
matt the fiddler

BTT

final reminder.. on INMAS the meeting is this SATURDAY.. i for one am bringing a truck load of zoos, softies, and macros... i know a lot of people that are bringing sps, sps sps, and more sps.. between the 25 people expected there so far that have signed up. - i am guessing a minium of 300+ corals frags will change hands/ be sold- plus if you only bring cash- you can haggle and get low priced stuff.

i for one am lined up for the Larry Jackson- purple tipped monster [traced back 3 generations to the man himself].... and a bright green cap with purple polyps.. i know there will be more LJ avaliable too...

PM me for questions... hope to see some lurkers there

matt the fiddler

supposedly once a month.. the 2nd saturday of each month at 1:00. the location moves around.... various places around indianapolis.... we are lacking on the organization as of now, as the last meeting was 2 months ago.. but should be getting a pres, etc. soon. there are some incredibly expirenced people in the club, including many of premium aquatics staff/ owner...etc.

it is a great friendly group- small enough we all know each other too.

we have quartly frag swaps too... that is saturday...

you shoudl come and check it out- no commitment for the future needed...- but i bet you will want to come back

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay...?s=&forumid=255

our forum

I wish I could go. I've been waiting for something like this but I have to go to Dayton on Saturday. Keep us updated on future meetings.

matt the fiddler

Pet Products Super Store

603 Westfield RD. (same as state rd. 32)

Noblesville, IN. 46060

it is located in a little strip mall just west of the riverview hospital on the south side of the road, there is a long john silvers at the entrance of the strip, the store is straight back from the entrance, the meeting room is at the rear of the store. if you have any other questions pm me or post here- danny arranged the room. he knows the owner...

what are you bringing dolfan? be sure to let people know what you are bringing/ and what you want - a lot of trades are lined up in advance.... oh yea. Larry Jacksons will be for sale... [bring some cash]

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=380583

Well I would love to go, but I have a wedding to go to. I am an experienced aquarist, but brand new to corals, so it would be great to get to know some fellow reefers. Just out of curiosity, what is the general attitude towards nano-reefs within the organization... I know many people are strongly opposed to keeping corals in small tanks. I have to admit, I had my doubts at first, but after seeing all the successful nanos here, I have changed my beliefs. Thus I am in the process of setting one up.

Could you please give me an update as to when/where the next meeting will be (after this sat)? Thanks!

Archived