Pod Your Reef

My new reef of 2005!

smokez01

Hi,

i just wanted to post some pictures of my new upgrade,

my old nano was a 10gallon all glass aquarium, it was 20x10x12, basically i had ordered more live rock for the system to try at a valley aquascape, but i think i had ordered too much and thought i mineaswell purchase a larger aquarium, i also wanted to get rid of that blasted black sand that i had, i loved it in the beginning but after 3 months it was getting sickening, here was my old system

17bb05

here is a shot of the live rock that i ordered, 15 lbs of it

17bb5f

I bought a bigger fish tank because i wanted to keep more fish and more corals, particulary some angel or butterflyfish of some sort, a kind of RBTA, and room for some sps

i moved my existing live stock into a 25 gallon all glass aquarium, 24x12x20, i also added 15 more lbs of live rock that i started to cure 2 weeks before the move, two weeks to the date the water params measured amonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-0.25, and i also moved my original 13 lbs of lr into the aquarium as well

it took about 8 hours to get everything back into place, and i finaly fnished it

My new aquarium...

17b9tv

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beautiful, glad that you settled for the 25g. your tank looks really really good w/that aquascaping, but i do think ur gona need more rock and perhaps a nice background :) keep the pix coming

Thanks for the compliments guys, uchiha, after setting it up i also noticed that i may and definatly need another 15 lbs of live rock, and also, im going to have to upgrade my lighting as well, i realised how little corals i had before the move and now after i realise even mroe that i only have a few, i definatly would like to add more but in the middle of needing more live rock and better lighting. it is definatly not going to go well with the rents tho, my mom keeps saying she likes how it looks just as it is, and that these lights are just fine,.. grr :rant:

hey Tigah, yes my clowns are in a mansion, hehe, but what ####es me the *&%# off is that all they are doing is just hosting with the skimmer, and not the torch, my clowns are the biggest f*^#ing morons ever

so i know you mentioned that you don't want the black sand anymore, what are you going to do on the new tank? bare bottom? i think u should at least toss a thin layer of aragonite based sand in there

Yeah, i plan to add some sort of arag alive subtrate, right now its egg crate bottom, i like that stuff alot, it realy grips the base rock of the aqua scape and the rocks dont move at all

When i order the subtrate i was thinking i mineaswell order more rock right away, i mean itll make sense and be cheaper in the long run.

thanks guys, i have a few pictures of new fish that i bought last friday, the 7th, a six line wrasse and a orange stripe goby!

here are some photos

my six line wrasse is a really, really awsome fish, i love watching him cruise around my rock work, and i swear the little feller is smart to!, when i feed he darts to the largest peice of food there is while my clowns are to busy pigging out on the small stuff, and he dosnt try to eat coral or fish poop like my clowns also, and at night he sleep underneath my torch!!

199idv

199im8

here is my orange stripe prawn goby, this guy is also a kick to watch, hes always out ang about along the floor of the tank, he loves to get cleaned by my cleaner shrimp, and i love his fin!! i have been looking for one of these online for a while and the chespest ive found was 22 bucks, and then one day at my lfs my brother said hey look at this orange stripe one! and for 16 bucks!

199lzt

199ixi

dang that goby looks amazing, makes me want one ...

hurry up and order more rock & sand! it's gona look 10x better with more rock and a nice clean substrate

Yeah the goby will thank you when you add some sand ;)

Great aquascaping though! Not many people do the valley style which imo looks great when you have fish that cruise the water column. It also allows for aggressive corals to stay on one side.

thanks for the compliments,

reefer2290 i got it and the wrasse at beverlys pet, they get new fish tues and thurs, i swear, last tuesday they got a HUGE shipment of fish and corals

hey uchiha, i just spend 130 dollars on a mp3 player, X) so basically i have about 80-90 bucks of x mas money left over and i have to decide between new lights, rocks and sand. :*( , and whats ####ing me off today was that i was going to order the 20 lb bag of fiji pink aragalive sand from premium aquatics for 15 bucks, and most likely buy the lr with it also, BUT GUESS WHAT, today i checked and they are currently sold out of the fiji pink! how great! so now i do not know which type of subtrate i will be purchasing, i really dont knwo why the aragalive stuff at my lfs looks brown and in tanks it looks pure white, like yours

Beautiful Smokez01, I love the upgrade. The new rockwork adds a lot of character to the tank, good choice! Are you going to be putting any substrate in there?

Hey Chlorophil, its good to hear from you!

Yes i do plan to add subtrate, my original plan of adding fiji pink is kind of disturbed now becuase the place i was going to order it from is curently sold out, i loved how WHITE the fiji pink sand looked, i dont know what kind i will settle on, maybe the basic aragalive

hows your 20 coming along?

Smokez

The 20's got 14lbs of rock on it's third week of cure/cycle with another two or three before I move the contents of the 10 into it. Right now it's got a horrible microsediment problem and I'm going to have to empty the whole she-bangs! and wipe it all down before that. Other than that minor inconvienience it's doing really well.

Best,

Phil

Smokez,

Great upgrade! That tank looks very clean, and you have tons of room for coral now. The main problem I have with my 10 is that I want more room for coral to grow, and place newly aquried pieces.

Are you planning on adding SPS? I really like tall tanks because you can create low/high flow and light zones, enabling you to keep alot of more species. SPS entwining at the top, LPS chillin' bottom! Again, nice work...keep us updated.

hate to say it again... but get some substrate quick. Aren't those goby's sand sifters. I put a twinspot in a mature 40 gallon tank and he died in a couple months, I believe he starved.

Archived