Cultivated Reef

FishFreak's 12 Gallon NC Monster Zoanthid Tank

FishFreak

I haven't updated my tank status for a while so here it is:

72 Watts of PC lighting

My FTS of my 12 gallon. Yes, I have a lot of this green corraline and I hate it.

96ky1u.jpg

Zoa Avenue

96kyhk.jpg

Larger colonies

96kys0.jpg

My huge colony that I recently moved to this tank so it isn't open yet.

96kyzn.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that sure doesnt look like coralline algae at the bottom front of the tank to me. Every time I've seen coralline algae before, not only my tank, but it start as spots on the glass, and purple on the rocks, not as a sheet of green on the sand/glass. I may be wrong though.

-Mark

You can't see through this though. The spots at the bottom of the tank looks like you can because it isn't all the way filled in.

Thanks Angel

Thats not coraline , its not calcareus , its green algae , I have it in my tank, not that much ... but its there.

You can remove it with a credit card or something like that

No it is to hard to remove with a credit card or anything like that. I have tried. It is as hard as purple coralline.

Funky_Fish14

Omg People, the rocks have some green corraline and it does exist(although not all of that is corraline it looks like you do have quite some algae in there), I have some of it on my rocks. Corraline can be many colors, oj/red/pink/purp/green etc....

Chris

sorry, didnt mean to start anything. I just dont think its coralline. Moving on though. I like the frogspawn at the top of the tank. What is that (looks like acrylic/plastic) thing sticking out on the top right of the tank (just under the top layer of rock and to the left of the outflow deal)? Does the gorgonian ever stick its polyps out? I had one, but its polyps rarely came out even though it looked healthy otherwise.

-Mark

Not all of the polyps but yes it sticks them out. That is acrylic and I use it to hold small pieces of zoas. I also ahve a small colony growing on it at the top

you should try glueing a few zoanthids to the back of the tank and and having that be the "background". I bet it would work pretty easily. May take a bit of time for the to grow over the entir back though.

The large rock is beginning to open. About 40% is open. I will get a pci of it today. I am currently setting up a 10 gallon tank and I am going to make it a zoanthid reef with nothing but zoanthids in it. It may have some micros and acans in it but that is it.

Well all of it is coralline because it is all the same. Hard and forms as little dots on the glass.

Now back to the actual tank and not the coralline.

Archived