Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Gobies PICTURE THREAD

Cam barr

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
igotreefermadness

Sublunary, you need to teach me how to get my flamer to come out lol. I've dedicated my 10g to my flaming prawn for 3 months now and I still only get a glimpse of him once a week or so. Wouldn't trade him for the world though

Sublunary, you need to teach me how to get my flamer to come out lol. I've dedicated my 10g to my flaming prawn for 3 months now and I still only get a glimpse of him once a week or so. Wouldn't trade him for the world though

Honestly, they started coming out much more often when I added the trimmas. I think having another fish out and about signals it's safe to come out of hiding. That and lots of hiding spaces, so they never have to go far to get cover.

igotreefermadness

Hmm maybe it's like how a tetra doesn't like being in less than a group of 6, just get skittish. I just put a zebra bar goby in last night, maybe that will help the little guy. Hopefully I didn't make a bad decision getting such a large goby.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
lakshwadeep

I finally have my dream of lots of nano gobies.

I have 2 x Trimma rubromaculatus

file-10.jpg

file-13.jpg

2 x "Eviota nigriventris" (they aren't really the "blackbelly gobies" listed on fishbase)

file-11.jpg

4 x Eviota pellucida

file-12.jpg

file-8.jpg

2011-04-15180850.jpg

Not the best pic but this is my red cap goby. I absolutely love this fish its out all of the time and very active. Id recommend this fish to anyone.

• 2 months later...

why does this thread keep dying lol?

i'd post a pic but i only have one goby and there is already a pic of it on this page haha

free bump

Here is my nano goby. After all these pic's from everyone, I can't believe this is the first Sleeper Yellow Head Goby... But here he is :

post-68708-1315272890_thumb.jpg

landscape has change since this about 2 weeks ago. he loves to tunnel, and rocks fall....lol

+1. It looks like a lot of Trimmas/Eviotas are collected from Cebu in the Philippines. I've remember getting two that I couldn't ID but were photographed by a Philippines underwater photographer.

http://www.poppe-images.com/?t=11&fami...ies&catid=8

You're probably thinking of Catalina gobies, which are found off the [temperate water] California coast.

Practically every picture I take of corals in the Philippines have trimma gobies in them. I guess they are hard to catch or fragile as they are expensive relative to how common they are.

cool looking gobies! i like those masked gobies/eviota pellucida and the skunk pygmy gobies!

I just bought an ORA sharknose last week he became food for either my coral banded shrimp or more likely a big bristle worm. =/

Now i can't put any gobies in the tank till i identify and get rid of the killer...

• 4 months later...

Does anyone knows what kind of goby it's this..?? It's in LFS but I searched for a similar picture and I couldn't find one, could this be the Randall one..?? Also will this be a swimmer or just hiding..??

Thanks.

Edit: Found it: Aurora Goby"

Archived