SaltCritters.com

Wai Ho's ADA 60-P with Do! Aqua stand (New Frags)

Wai Ho

I have been browsing the forums of Nano Reef for about a year now and there are some amazing builds that have inspired me to start another build, I use to have a Wave Cubo 30 with a couple of Clowns and a cleaner shrimp. I've learnt a lot from the forums Nano Reef and by reading about all your amazing builds which have given me more confidence.

FTS 06/2013

A14A722B-82C9-4DD3-A957-1B915E324BB9-235

I have decided to go the ADA route because I just love the build of these tanks and there are some amazing ADA tanks here.

EQUIPMENT

ADA 60p

Do Aqua Stand

Do Aqua Lily Pipes

Eheim Pro 200

MP 10

Hydor Inline heater

Cheap T5 light (will be purchasing Kessil A350w)

FILTRATION

Caribsea Argamax Oolite sand

Ecco Pro 200

Filter Floss

Seachem Matrix

Blue Life clear FX Pro

INHABITANTS

Yasha Goby

Randalls Pistol Shrimp

Helfrichi Fire Fish

RBTA

So far it's been a very slow build as funds are low:( I'm going to hopefully keep my tank very minimalistic. I'm going to be stocking LPS on the right and SPS on the left, and hopefully installing a sump in the future.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many different filtration systems to use my ideal set up would be a sump and a MAME overflow but I just don't have the money yet. I have seen loads of people on here use canister filters which is very cost effective and work really well Can someone give me some advise on which canister to buy?

And also what kind of media people are using inside?

Not going to dril just not confident enough! What do you think of these canister filters?

Man, I haven't had a canister filter since I was FOWLR.

People here use them, someone will probably chime in.

You could probably have a local outfit drill it for you.

Most glass fabricators would be up to it I'd imagine.

I have the 2213, can be a real pain to clean but I've got it down to a system. I don't put much in it just to not disrupt the flow and not become nitrate factories--I have a little Purigen bag, GFO/carbon and some Phosban with the top having the poly-filter pad.

I can get pretty lazy and my bioload is fairly low--so I clean it out when I notice a reduction in flow :), you should probably clean it out way before that though haha.

I have the 2213, can be a real pain to clean but I've got it down to a system. I don't put much in it just to not disrupt the flow and not become nitrate factories--I have a little Purigen bag, GFO/carbon and some Phosban with the top having the poly-filter pad.

I can get pretty lazy and my bioload is fairly low--so I clean it out when I notice a reduction in flow :), you should probably clean it out way before that though haha.

I love your tank rbaby it's comin along nicely! Alot of people use Chemi Pure Elite what do you think of it? And also do you think the AI Sol mini will be ok on a 60-p.

I love your tank rbaby it's comin along nicely! Alot of people use Chemi Pure Elite what do you think of it? And also do you think the AI Sol mini will be ok on a 60-p.

I've used chemipur in the past and I thought it worked great but I like the GFO/Carbon from BRS since it seems to be of higher quality. I can slack on it a bit longer ;)

What AI Sol mini? Do you mean the AI Sol Nano?

I've used chemipur in the past and I thought it worked great but I like the GFO/Carbon from BRS since it seems to be of higher quality. I can slack on it a bit longer ;)

What AI Sol mini? Do you mean the AI Sol Nano?

Yeah sorry I meant the Nano! Thanks for the advice o the canister filter as iv heard some bad advice on these :D

Yeah sorry I meant the Nano! Thanks for the advice o the canister filter as iv heard some bad advice on these :D

I'm sure it's not bad advice, it's just that some things work for others...and some things don't. If and when I have the space, I'll set up a sump...that's as ideal as it gets but to just keep my display clean, this canister has been very helpful. It was very frustrating at first but after a few times, you figure out the kinks and easiest/best way to clean it up.

I like my Nano but I have a shallow tank so I think it serves it well. For an 18g, the Nano would do well enough but if you want high-light requirement specimens, I'd go with the Sol.

• 4 months later...
Jessy-Ray

This tank is SO nice I've subscribed and cant wait to see where it goes. Have you got any stocking ideas yet???

This tank is SO nice I've subscribed and cant wait to see where it goes. Have you got any stocking ideas yet???

Not yet! jus going to take it slow probably going down the mixed reef route! Just going down the LFS now to get some salt water and rocks! :)

Archived