Pod Your Reef

Does nano cube 28 really hold 28 gallons?

duganderson

I've read a couple folks online that say that the nano cube 28 actually only holds 23 or 24 gallons of water stock without anything else added (rock, heaters, additional pumps, etc.). Is this true???

I measured the actual volume if an 8 gallon cube I have that only holds 6 gallons. I'm curious if everyone's tanks are not as big as they say or if this just applies to certain tanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've read a couple folks online that say that the nano cube 28 actually only holds 23 or 24 gallons of water stock without anything else added (rock, heaters, additional pumps, etc.). Is this true???

I measured the actual volume if an 8 gallon cube I have that only holds 6 gallons. I'm curious if everyone's tanks are not as big as they say or if this just applies to certain tanks.

I think it would hold the full 28 if you we're also to fill the back chamber as well as filling it to the rim.

• Like 1
I think it would hold the full 28 if you we're also to fill the back chamber as well as filling it to the rim.

I'm curious how much it holds when it's filled to the correct level with the return pumps running?

Please email me if you purchased a nano cube made by JBJ and relied on their advertisement to purchase their brand over another.

you starting a class action lawsuit?

• Like 1

My JBJ nano Intermediate 28 gallon has the ballast going for the LEDs - sucko!!! The part is only made in China, and the company has us filing a claim, but the lady said they just don't have any ballasts and that it is going to be frustrating...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Cyclist

Hi,

I sent the company and registered agent a letter and have had lots of correspondence with the owner of JBJ.

At this time we have not filed any suit, but that door is still open and we may indeed take that road after the New Year. At that time, we will reach out to those with intent and give you the opportunity to add your name to the dispute.

Thank you all that have written me, we welcome you to continue to send us your information.

Note: this does not cover the Oceanic BioCube it only covers the JBJ nano cubes.

I'd care, except the lawyer will make a few million, the original plaintiff will make a few thousand and I'll end up with a 2$ off coupon for the purchase of a new aquarium.

My brother was just awarded a settlement from a class action. He got a check in the mail for $0.48, it's gonna be a good Xmas!

You've got to be kidding me. What a bunch of sue happy liberals you all are. I could understand if you bought a tank that claimed to hold 28 gallons and it all ended up of the floor because it wasn't water tight but seriously your going to bitch about a 28 gallon DISPLACEMENT tank not holding 28 gallons, well no sh*t it's does not hold 28 gallons. Oh and almost none of the tanks on the market actually hold the advertised volume internally.

Seriously... B*tch b*tch b*tch about nothing. Ohhhh... My tank doesn't hold exactly 28 gallons. Well damn it all then!

• Like 4

This kind of reminds me when people are pissed that their new 3 Terabyte drive holds a bit less than that because of formatting and setting up a file system. A little knowledge goes a long way.

• Like 1

My BC29 held about 24 gallons. I wish i knew that when I bought the tank. It would have saved me a trip up the stairs with gallon jugs of water from Walmart.

My BC29 held about 24 gallons. I wish i knew that when I bought the tank. It would have saved me a trip up the stairs with gallon jugs of water from Walmart.

Which caused physical damage and emotional turmoil (I know from experience). Sounds like a lawsuit to me!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cyclist

When they start selling six packs that only have five in them, some of you will bend over and take it and others will stand up and say no!

When i say 6 pack I'm talking about soada and not beer as most of you are under 21.

The aquarium is advertised as being 18x22x22 and if you know how to figure out how many gallons that is you might start to understand.

The actual tank is 17 x 16 1/2 x 20.

There are laws here in California to protect consumers against this type of deception and some times it takes a lawsuit or talks to get things right. If you don't understand the importance of business and professions code then I am sure your parents are still supporting you.

When they start selling six packs that only have five in them, some of you will bend over and take it and others will stand up and say no!

When i say 6 pack I'm talking about soada and not beer as most of you are under 21.

The aquarium is advertised as being 18x22x22 and if you know how to figure out how many gallons that is you might start to understand.

The actual tank is 17 x 16 1/2 x 20.

There are laws here in California to protect consumers against this type of deception and some times it takes a lawsuit or talks to get things right. If you don't understand the importance of business and professions code then I am sure your parents are still supporting you.

Are you freaking kidding. Just because you don't know how it's measured doesn't mean it's deception. If the actual displacement didn't match up you have a case.

Ignorance is no excuse to sue someone.

Archived